This course will discuss the adjustment to income section on Form 1040. Adjustments are certain expenses that directly reduce the taxpayer’s total income.
After completing this course, the student will:
- Understand how an adjustment to income can decrease the taxpayer’s AGI
- Know what adjustments to income are reported on Form 1040A
- Identify when Form 3903 is used
- Explain the differences between tuition and fees deduction and education credits
- Define who qualifies for a student loan deduction